Dates planned

I have a start date for treatment now, 26 September. That is when I will sign the paperwork and start
the various checks and tests prior to my first doses (chemo and trial drug) on Wednesday 28th. The reason for the delay is that I want a bit more freedom and holiday before becoming tied down by
the weekly appointments in Brisbane. John and I want to spend some time with Evan and Helen, so we are heading south again for just a couple of weeks. The doctors have reassured us that the delay won’t
affect my health. I have been in conversation with the specialist team and asked them at least 3 times in different ways whether the treatment would be more effective if started immediately. The answer
is ‘no’ and ‘enjoy yourself’, so that’s my aim. It almost feels a bit naughty, like I’m wagging school or something, but I think I can do this 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s